How to Know if a Roofer Did a Good Job
When it comes to hiring a roofer, the job you receive can be the difference between years of worry-free protection and costly repairs down the road. How can you know if the roofer did a good job? Here are some tips to consider:
1. Get Written Guarantees: One of the best ways to determine whether a roofer did a good job is by getting written guarantees from them before they start any work on your home. This should include both material and installation warranties as well as any additional services offered (like gutter cleaning or other repairs). If something goes wrong down the line, having written contracts provides assurance that the roofer will take responsibility for what has been done wrong.
2. Check for Proper Licensing & Insurance: Make sure that you check for proper licensing and insurance when hiring a roofer. Having both makes it easier to ensure that the contractor has met all requirements in terms of safety and quality when performing their job. It also ensures that you’re not held liable in case of an accident or damage caused by their workmanship.
3. Consider Roof Maintenance Plans: Inquire about any maintenance plans offered by your chosen contractor – this will help protect your investment over time and reduce future costs associated with replacing or repairing parts of your roof. A reputable roofing company will have no problem providing maintenance agreements along with their service, so make sure this is part of what they offer if you’re searching for someone new to hire!
4. Examine Work Done Closely: Regularly inspect the work done by your roofers after completion and make sure everything looks right – there should be no visible signs of damage, missing shingles or flashing, etcetera; everything must appear clean and secure before it’s considered complete! If anything seems out of place or off-kilter, contact them immediately to get it fixed – never leave potential issues unchecked as this could lead to bigger problems down the line like water leaks or moisture damage from exposure.
How to find us:
- Reliable Roofing & Construction LLC
- 5267 Old Highway 11, Suite F, Hattiesburg, MS 39402